Tuesday 26 March 2013

Brooklyn Move My Soul Like This

Today, a miracle happened.


I finally found a foundation I like.


Anybody who knows me will know that usually, I HATE foundations. However, after reading a fair few reviews on Revlon's Nearly Naked Make-Up Foundation, I decided to give it a go. 



The shade I bought was Shell which is the third palest that Revlon do. What I love most about this product is that it's a light coverage, which you can build up to the type of coverage you most like. For me, the turn off with foundations before has always been that it looks too thick and cakey on my skin, but with this particular foundation I haven't found that at all. Another plus is that it's got an SPF of 20, so it should provide good protection during the summer (if we ever get one in England!). 

However, the downside to this product is there's no pump. Personally, I found it quite awkward to get on with at first because of this. But once you get used to it then you forget that other foundations come with a pump.

Along with purchasing the foundation, I also bought the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder.





The shade I bought for this was Light Pale which is the second palest shade available. Before this I'd never used a pressed powder before, and had always been put off by the girls at school who would cake themselves in it and make themselves look orange. I'll be honest here, while I do like it, I find myself getting a bit self conscious wondering whether or not I look like an Oompa Loompa. But all in all I do think it's a good product.

As I bought both of these in Boots, I also bought one of the textured Barry M nail polishes to make up the 3 for 2 on make up offer.





I absolutely adore this nail polish! The shade I got was Ridley Road and it comes out as a minty duck egg blue which looks amazing. The texture that comes out is what can be best described as a soft sandpaper kind of feel. While I probably haven't described it in the best way it is a great product and looks really good. I honestly can't wait for summer to wear this more and more!


See you next time :)


*Song used in title - Ghetto Baby by Lana Del Rey



2 comments: